Connect with us

NBA Basketball

NBA Eastern Conference Finals Game 4 Milwaukee Bucks vs. Atlanta Hawks Betting Preview

Atlanta Hawks vs. Milwaukee Bucks Game Odds and Picks

Following a Game-1 116-113 win at Milwaukee, Atlanta was considered the NBA betting favorite in the series.  But Milwaukee is showing a postseason toughness that was missing in 2020.  To show, the Bucks won and covered games three and four.  Milwaukee has re-taken control of the Eastern Conference Finals.   Defense is the reason for the season.  Accordingly, the Bucks featured one of the NBA’s top defenses the past two seasons.  In the 2020-21 regular season, they took defense off.  But in the 2021 NBA Playoffs, Milwaukee is back to tough defensive basketball.  Atlanta is struggling to adjust.

Eastern Conference Finals – Game 4 Milwaukee Bucks vs. Atlanta Hawks Betting Information

Date: Tuesday, June 29, 2021
Time: 8:30 p.m. ET
Location: State Farm Arena, Atlanta, Georgia
TV Coverage: TNT

Milwaukee Bucks vs. Atlanta Hawks Betting Odds

Bucks -7 ( -110 ) 219 ( -110 ) -260
Hawks +7 ( -110 ) 219 ( -110 ) +220
Place Bets

Milwaukee Bucks at Atlanta Hawks CashBet Wagering Analysis

On this occasion, the Hawks face a virtual must-win sportsbook matchup.  Should Atlanta lose on Tuesday night, they will face elimination at Milwaukee for Game-5.  Thus, a full effort is expected.  For most of the 2021 NBA Playoffs, the Hawks have shown good wagering value.  Of major concern is that Trae Young is questionable for Game-5 with an ankle issue.  Young’s status will have casual gamblers on edge.  Sharps will look hard at the 6-point spread.

Milwaukee Bucks Back from Game 1 Defeat

Milwaukee has perked up with four betting on NBA covers in their last five games.  Only two of their most recent ten games went over the total.  In the 2021 NBA Playoffs, the Bucks rank first for rebounding and second for points allowed.  Owing to that defensive improvement, Milwaukee is in the postseason driver’s seat.

So far in the playoffs, forward Giannis Antetokounmpo leads the Bucks with 29.2 points, 13.0 rebounds, and 5.4 assists per game.  The Greek Freak has scored 30 or more points in eight of his last ten games.

Also contributing is forwards Khris Middleton.  To show, Middleton is averaging 23.1 points, 7.9 rebounds, and 4.7 assists per playoff tilt.

And then guard Jrue Holiday is playing like the floor quarterback he was touted to be when acquired in the offseason.  Holiday is averaging 16.3 points and 8.0 assists per playoff game.

Hawks Descend After Hot Streak

Late on, the Hawks have dropped three of their last five to the spread.  Six of their most recent seven games stayed under the pro basketball betting total.

Overall, guard Trae Young is averaging 29.8 points and 9.5 assists per postseason game.  But the Atlanta scoring machine needs more support than he is getting.

Milwaukee Bucks at Atlanta Hawks Against the Spread

Milwaukee is just a 41% play against the spread on the road.  But the Bucks are 53% vs. the odds in Eastern Conference matchups.  And then Milwaukee is only 47% vs. the basketball betting odds after a win.  As chalk, the Bucks are 55% over the total.  Following a win, Milwaukee is 62% over the total.

Atlanta is 61% against the spread at State Farm Arena.  Following a loss, the Hawks are 52% against the spread.  Atlanta is 53% vs. the line against Eastern Conference clubs.  Specifically, at home, the Hawks are 57% under the total.  Atlanta is 53% to the under after a loss.  And then the Hawks are 58% under the total against the Eastern Conference.

To summarize, the Bucks are 5-2 against the spread vs. the Hawks.  Four of the most recent five games between these teams went under the total.  Milwaukee has paid in three of their last four visits to State Farm Arena. So too, did all four of those games stay under the total.

Milwaukee Bucks at Atlanta Hawks CashBet Free Pick  

As mentioned earlier, the Hawks are a strong NBA gambling value at State Farm Arena. In comparison, Milwaukee hasn’t been a reliable play on the road.

Bucks at Hawks CashBet Best Bet: 

Atlanta Hawks


CashBet Sportsbook Promotions

CashBet Sportsbook Promotions


More in NBA Basketball