Connect with us

NBA Basketball

Atlanta Hawks vs. New York Knicks Game 2 Betting Info, Odds and Picks (May 26, 2021)

Atlanta Hawks vs. New York Knicks Game 2 Betting Info, Odds

Two of the biggest surprises in NBA betting are the Hawks and Knicks.  Neither team was touted as playoff material. And yet both are in the postseason.  Atlanta scored a stunning game one upset at New York.  Guard Trae Young was the difference-maker for the Hawks.  To Illuminate, Young scored 32 points, including the game-winning basket.  Young proved to be the best player on the hardwood.  And that is not going to change the rest of the way.  Above all, he gives the Hawks an advantage that the Knicks lack.  Young is a game-breaker.

Game 2 – Atlanta Hawks vs. New York Knicks Betting Information

Date: Wednesday, May 26, 2021
Time: 7:30 p.m. ET
Location: Madison Square Garden, New York
TV Coverage: TNT

Atlanta Hawks vs. New York Knicks Betting Odds

Hawks +2 ( -110 ) 213½ ( -110 ) +110
Knicks -2 ( -110 ) 213½ ( -110 ) -130
Place Bets

Atlanta Hawks at New York Knicks CashBet Wagering Analysis

For all that game one disappointment, the Knicks will draw the vast majority of online sportsbook activity.  Causal gamblers can’t see New York losing two in a row at home.  And it’s a safe assumption the Knicks will bring a maximum effort. So too are pajama boys thinking that the Hawks will mail it in.  Atlanta stole home-court advantage.  But oddsmakers know what everyone is thinking.  And they’ll be charging a full price, or more, on the Knicks.

Hawks Look To Fly Home with 2-0 Lead

Atlanta finished with a regular-season betting on NBA record of 41-31 straight up, 39-32-1 against the spread, and 35-37 under the total.  First place in the Southeast Division belonged to the Hawks.  To summarize, NBA metrics show the Hawks 13th for scoring offense and 12th for points allowed.  Atlanta has covered three consecutive games. So too, the Hawks went under the total in four straight games.

Of course, emerging superstar guard Trae Young is Atlanta’s leader with 25.3 points and 9.4 assists per contest. Center Clint Capela added 15.2 points and 14.3 rebounds per contest.

New York’s Knicks Pulled Down 

New York got the cash in only three of their most recent eight games.  Five of their last six matchups went under the total.  New York’s regular-season pro basketball betting record was 41-31 straight up, 45-26-1 vs. the line, and 32-40 under the total.  Accordingly, NBA metrics have the Knicks ranked 26th for scoring offense and 1st for points allowed.

Forward Julius Randle led the Knicks with 24.1 points and 10.2 rebounds per game.  First game action saw Randle score 15 points with 12 rebounds.  New York is going to need much more from Randle to win the series.  Cause by their lack of scoring depth and a need to answer Young.

Atlanta Hawks at New York Knicks Against the Spread

The Hawks are 57% against the spread following a win.  Specifically, on the road, Atlanta is 47% vs. the odds.  Atlanta is 53% against the spread as a dog.  So too, as dogs, the Hawks are 56% over the total.  Following a win, Atlanta was 56% under the total

As home chalk, New York is 72% against the spread.  In Eastern Conference games, the Knicks are 66% vs. the line.  In turn, New York is 63% under the basketball betting total in Eastern Conference matchups.  The Knicks are 61% under the total as home chalk

Atlanta paid in only two of their previous 11 games with New York.  Overall, five of the last seven games in this series went over the total.  New York is 4-2 vs. the odds when hosting the Hawks.  Likewise, the Hawks and Knicks are 2-4 under the total at New York

Atlanta Hawks at New York Knicks CashBet Free Pick  

In this situation, the Hawks are a classic NBA gambling contrarian bet.  A vast majority of gamblers can’t see a second Atlanta win.  This fact is why it might be wise to bet with the house.

Hawks at Knicks CashBet Best Bet: 

Atlanta Hawks


CashBet Sportsbook Promotions

CashBet Sportsbook Promotions


More in NBA Basketball