Since their founding in 1967-68, the Nets have always operated under the shadow of the New York Knicks. Brooklyn owns two league championships in their history, both in the ABA. The last one in 1976 was the ABA’s final season. But as members of the NBA, the Nets have been a perpetually mediocre franchise. Consider their only appearances in the NBA Finals were in 2002 and 2003. They suffered NBA betting losses both times. However, this season the Nets went through a dramatic facelift. Brooklyn posted their best-ever record as an NBA franchise.
2020-21 Brooklyn Nets NBA Playoff Preview
NBA Championship CashBet Odds: +230
Eastern Conference CashBet Odds: +100
First Round Schedule and Opponent: To Be Determined
Brooklyn Nets 2021 NBA Playoffs CashBet Wagering Analysis
Certainly, the Nets have online sportsbook star power that was lacking. Since the days of Julius Irving, they haven’t had a marquee man. Now they boast three. James Harden, Kevin Durant, and Kyrie Irving are the most dynamic trio in the Association. In fact, their presence gives Brooklyn the aura of a fantasy basketball team. Of major concern is that all three missed considerable playing time during the 2020-21 season.
Brooklyn By the Book and Regular Season Review
Brooklyn has a betting on NBA record of 48-24 straight up, 38-34 against the spread, and 40-32 over/under. Overall, Brooklyn finished in 2nd place in the Eastern Conference, one game behind the 76ers. NBA metrics show the Nets ranked 2nd for scoring offense and 14th for offensive rebounds. While defensively, the Nets ranked 21st for points allowed and 12th for defensive rebounding.
Despite the considerable time lost for Kevin Durant, James Harden, and Kyrie Irving, Brooklyn contended for the Eastern Conference lead. They remained in the hunt until the final week of the regular season. If their famed trio can stay healthy, the Nets are a threat to win the title.
Nash Earns Respect After Rough “Welcome”
Rookie head coach Steve Nash faced a pro basketball betting firestorm upon being named Nets coach. Cause by the fact he lacked coaching experience. However, Nash has ended up earning grudging respect. Consider that Nash kept the Nets in the Eastern Conference race with key players out all year.
Durant Makes Mark Despite Part-Time Role
Forward Kevin Durant played in only 33 games this season. Still, he managed to average 27.5 points, 7.0 rebounds, and 5.3 assists per game. Durant is a two-time NBA Finals Most Valuable Player. Additionally, he is an 11-time All-Star. Durant has averaged 25 points per game or higher every season since 2008-09.
Kyrie Contributes and Held Nets Together
Guard Kyrie Irving averaged 27.2 points and 6.2 assists per game this season. So too did he miss 18 games during the campaign. Of course, he was a key contributor to the 2016 Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Championship. Irving has averaged 23 or more points per game every season since 2016-17.
Harden Brings Credibility of a Scoring Champion
Naturally, guard James Harden is best known as the three-time NBA scoring champion. Harden is a nine-time NBA All-Star and was named 2018 NBA Most Valuable Player. Harden played in only 35 games this season. Yet he managed 25.1 points, 8.6 rebounds, and 11 assists per game. From 2012 through 2021, Harden was the marquee man of the Houston Rockets. He transformed them into a perennial Western Conference basketball betting contender.
Brooklyn On The Board
Following a win, the Nets are a 57% play against the spread. As an underdog, Brooklyn was 57% vs. the odds. However, in Eastern Conference games, the Nets were only 43% against the spread. Brooklyn covered only 41% of their games that followed a straight-up loss. This season the Nets went over the NBA gambling total in 61% of their games as chalk. Brooklyn was 56% over the total in all home games. While as road dogs, the Nets were 61% under the total in 2020-21.
Brooklyn Nets CashBet Best Bet:
Nets to Make Eastern Conference Finals
/ 1 day ago
Washington Football Team vs. Green Bay Packers Week 7 Previews, Predictions and Game Analysis (Sunday, October 24th, 2021)
The streaking Green Bay Packers are to host the Washington Football Team. This National...
/ 2 days ago
Cincinnati Bengals vs Baltimore Ravens NFL Week 7 Picks, Previews and Predictions (Sunday, October 24th, 2021)
The Baltimore Ravens will aim to solidify their hold of the top spot in...
/ 2 days ago
At the onset of the season, Bears fans were dreaming of new Super Bowl...